Discuss Valiant Eco tec plus 831 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipop

Gas Engineer
Has anyone had problems with f61 fault I fitted this boiler 5 days ago next day this fault appeared so I called valiant out eng changed pcb ,same fault appeared today again customer reset boiler which cleared ,called eng out again,I ve fitted Eco tec and pro s for 4 year now but never had this fault appear.will keep you informed!

Just putting a post on here so I find out to!

Valliant have been out today ,according to customer they have changed " a valve" and also found a dodgy connection ,I am doing some other work there tomorrow so I ll find out exactly what they ve done,they ve not left report on work carried out ,and did not ring me to ,customer says they wrapped part up to send back for test,I'll keep you posted

That's the end of it then, your customer won't know and vaillant won't tell you. If anyone here hears about this, can they post it so we can see if there's a trend.

According to the manual F61 is a "Gas Valve Control Defective" -"Short circuit/earth (ground) leak in cable harness to gas valves, gasvalve assembly defective (earth/ground leak from coils), electronic control system defective" so in short (pardon the pun), an electrical wiring fault (short) or electronic failure.
I've never had any have this fault before but Ill be sure to look out for it.

Don't you just love that, the mi,s give you a dozen things to look for. And then you have to face the customer with a blank face!

Vaillant eng report,bad connection on the nuetral of the gas valve ,gas valve changed.had no more problems since.eng did not have gas valve on van which I summise this is not a common fault ,looks like a one off .i must say I ve had very few problems with Eco tec range

F61 showed up again,it's gone about 10 days,eng has changed wiring harness and venturi this time

Thanks for the update. Please keep us posted if the problem has been solved.

Sounds like a nightmare. Hope it gets sorted soon, as I cant imagine your customer is best pleased with all this from a brnad new boiler.

Sounds like a nightmare. Hope it gets sorted soon, as I cant imagine your customer is best pleased with all this from a brnad new boiler.

I ve just spoke to customer he s been quite patient about the situation,vaillant have been back out and changed pcb ,it sounds like there are 2 boards one for ignition one for display waiting to speak to eng to get full report

How are you getting in touch with the engineer. On the odd accession I've called them out I get a vague report of the customer. Is this a service they offer or do you know the engineer?

How are you getting in touch with the engineer. On the odd accession I've called them out I get a vague report of the customer. Is this a service they offer or do you know the engineer?

Vaillant customer service ask you if tou want eng to give you ring ,however they hav nt today but the sales rep rang me ,they ve changed pcb s and gas valve again,also mentioned low gas pressure when all appliances are on.the thing is this fault keeps appearing when only the boiler is on .I had 19 mbar the previous eng had the same as quoted on reports .mi s say minimum of 17 mbar

Omg what a drama ...

. Did you select the boiler for your customer or it was there choice

I recommend valiant boilers on every job I quote for never had any problems like this before ,I know the customer but I am starting to get funny looks of him now

Every time vaillant bring out a we model theres usually problems! But they sort it. Where abouts in the world are you? My reps challenging to say the least.

I recommend valiant boilers on every job I quote for never had any problems like this before ,I know the customer but I am starting to get funny looks of him now

do not take it personal , leave Vaillant to take care of it as it has nothing to DO with you !

hope customer is a sensible person and understand this .

should have install WB mate :) just kidding :)

The saga continues,have been back today for 4 hours boiler on full burn 22 mbar at the meter 18 mbar at the boiler mi s say 16mbar ,all appliances on ie fire ,hob boiler 19 mbar at the meter 14.5 mbar at the boiler ,I fitted a test tee before the boiler isolation valve retested all app on 18 mbar .I phoned gas transporter they came out and changed governor to take this out of the equation as seal was broke ,checked pipe run 2.3 m of 22 mm and 1.6 m of 15 mm pipe retested after guv changed same results,the thing is the fault appears when the boiler is running on it's own ,waiting to hear from eng ,after leaving 2 hrs later f61!

losing 3.5mb through the appliance doesnt sound likely? Are you sure the test conditions were the same?

Yes test conditions exactly the same,I specifically mentioned this to eng,but seemed to focus on the guv.now this has been changed I am waiting to hear to what he has to say on this point

Valiant have spoke to customer and are going to change boiler! However have not received a phone call explaining fault I am still curious ,post your own diagnoses

Hopefully I ve got 3 to install next 2 weeks ,with all the call outs and testing we must of burnt £50 worth of gas! We ll see what the service side will come up with in regards to looking after the customer

Fitted the new 28 pro last week. Customer rang to say F.61 showing on display. I told her to press the reset. I hope its a one off

had a problem with new boilers locking out and both different makes. each time it was the co2 setting was slightly down and due to the clever boilers nowadays if the setting is anything but perfect they lockout til custard resets. Each time after much hair pulling, reset co2 to mfis and off they go happy as sandboys.

Uh oh this is starting to sound a bit worrying especially since even Vaillants own engineer's haven't got to the bottom of the fault! The company I work for only fit vaillant and so far we haven't had any problems with the new ones but its early days! Wonder if f61 will become the new f75

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Valiant Eco tec plus 831 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock