Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant ecotec 831 F61 fault in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Leeukguy

Gas Engineer
Just wondered if anybody could help me with this one....... or advise...

Called out to an ecotec 831. fault code F61.

The gas valve had been changed by a third party a week before...

I checked the ignition electrodes and they were caked in sh*t. Cleaned and fired back up.

Advised customer a full strip down and service new seals etc... Never had it done before....

The customer then mentioned he's had a series of faults show the last month prior to new gas valve. F61. F29. F27. F62

Sounds to me like the PCB is on its way out.... What do you guys think?

cheers

Yep do you know if it was a recon board tbh I normally send them on a fixed price repair to vaillant

Then if the gas valve is faulty or fan or both it’s not my pocket that’s hurt

Recon board? GV replaced - any or all of those F codes - pcb for me all day.

Reconditioned pcb there’s a few company’s that do it I wouldn’t tho

No neither would I, but what I’m saying is no board has been fitted, or were you merely suggesting it?

I think the op has edited it as I’m sure it read pcb and not gas valve

Reply to Vaillant ecotec 831 F61 fault in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock