Discuss Vaillant Controls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmheat

Gas Engineer
Hi all

I have little experience with the Vaillant range of controls.

A customer of mine wants Vaillant controls with the Ecotec Plus 428 I'm installing.

Can somebody recommend me some set ups of their controls please?

Its an S plan, all wiring in boiler cupboard fortunately.

From what I've read I was thinking VR65 and VR350f, using existing cyl stat, sound about right?

I've been asked about the VRC470 too, does this require a VR65 too? I'm confused...

regards

dan

i find vaillant controls very hard to operate and explain to customers so avoid them if possible.

tho i struggle to use email :(

Would prefer to leave the Honeywell programmer in there but they really want the vaillant controls.

Currently; Honeywell prog, Honeywell 2ports, broken room stat, standard cyl stat. Simple but effective (bar r/stat lol)

Someone pleeeeease give me a couple of options to offer, I really can't get my head round what I'm reading online?!

They're asking me questions about the VRC470, an option around that would be great :):)

I only fit Honeywell. Tell them if they don't want what you recommend, they'll have to figure it out what they want themselves, and face the consequences when they cant figure them out.

The 470s are the weather compensating controls and they are integrated with the boiler. As far as I know there aren't any after market weather compensating stats that can provide the level of integration/control that Vaillant's own controllers can.

470 as modulating roomstat, external to boiler, weather compensator and vr65 wiring centre

one other point to note is that there are issues with weather compensation controls and the heat only Vailant 4xx series. I have spoken to Vaillant about this and they recommend using the system boilers where ever possible.

There is a blog at Vaillant cycling problem: The problem where you can read about the cycling issue with the heat only boilers. The 6xx and 8xx series boilers are newer/better and work fine with weather compensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Controls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock