Search the forum,

Discuss Urgent help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

Electric shower hydro ultra from wicks,I installed the elec shower made sure full water pressure is accurate. I have got 240v coming I. From main fuse Baird to the fuse spur in the master bed room. I have check 240v going into the elec shower water and going out to all the rest components. As soon as I turn on the shower there is no power coming on can't turn on the shower Massod suggest to find the electrical cut out. I can't identify where it is located. Any help or suggestion ? Is urgent

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 133
Fused spur!!!!!!!

This should have its own 10mm supply direct from the fuse board.

+1 to the above should have a fuse of about 40-45 amps and a 6-10mm cable from the consumer unit

Last edited:
Electric shower hydro ultra from wicks,I installed the elec shower made sure full water pressure is accurate. I have got 240v coming I. From main fuse Baird to the fuse spur in the master bed room. I have check 240v going into the elec shower water and going out to all the rest components. As soon as I turn on the shower there is no power coming on can't turn on the shower Massod suggest to find the electrical cut out. I can't identify where it is located. Any help or suggestion ? Is urgent[/
you will have blown 13amp fuse. You will need a qualified guy to sort electrics out mate.

Electric shower hydro ultra from wicks,I installed the elec shower made sure full water pressure is accurate. I have got 240v coming I. From main fuse Baird to the fuse spur in the master bed room. I have check 240v going into the elec shower water and going out to all the rest components. As soon as I turn on the shower there is no power coming on can't turn on the shower Massod suggest to find the electrical cut out. I can't identify where it is located. Any help or suggestion ? Is urgent[/
you will have blown 13amp fuse. You will need a qualified guy to sort electrics out mate.

Read the post. He HAS voltage at the terminal block in the shower, and from there on to the PCB.

The others - it's not incorrect to have a 10mm cable into an isolator outside the bathroom. This may be what Ronnie means by "fused spur".

Ronnie, the thermal cutout is item 6 on the diagram. Check continuity across that.

Matchless.plumb,

Are you a qualified plumber and electrician that is charging a customer for this job?

I hope this is a wind up as if not you are going to cause a fire and maybe kill someone with your lack of knowledge.

Regarding the installation, Can you tell us the csa of the T&E cable that is being used? What is the rating of the electric shower? What type/rating MCB is being used to protect the cable? Is it RCD protected.

Did you install the circuit? If so are you aware that this is notifiable to building control and requires a full electrical installation certificate to be completed, do you know how to check the R1+R2, Zs, ZE, PFCC etc?

Mark.

Read the post. He HAS voltage at the terminal block in the shower, and from there on to the PCB.

The others - it's not incorrect to have a 10mm cable into an isolator outside the bathroom. This may be what Ronnie means by "fused spur".

Ronnie, the thermal cutout is item 6 on the diagram. Check continuity across that.

Thank you masood again for your help. Thumbs up !!!

I Thank you all for your help!

I have not installed the electric shower, it was a previous installer, just swapped it over today.

It has a RCD at the main circuit board - assuming goes right up the the master bed room to the fused spur.

From fused spur goes to the electric shower which I have everywhere 240v.
As I read it could be a wrong installation based on 10mm cable I have contacted my friend who is a certified engineer who will find the cause of this problem. Continuity was present masood so everything was working.

I will keep you posted what's the issue after my friend rectified the issue.

10mm² cable and 40amp mcb .

45 amp to give you headroom/ depending on what method your using

40 for anything upto 8.9kw

Everything else is supposition, get a qualified electrician in!
Ask two electricians about showers, cable sizes and protection and you'll get at least 3 different answers. If you need proof have a read of their forum. One locally respected electrician informed me, some years back that a RCD was not required on a shower circuit. My response was, it might not be mandatory, but we'll have one anyway. I've yet to lose a job for erring on the side of safety.

agreed to a point, theres a lot of people out there who say the are electricians till you ask for a ticket. no id cards for them!

An RCD is required as additional protection for all appliances contained in a room containing a bath or shower. reg: 701.411.3.3

If cable is not run inside insulating material and the volt drop in within regulations then in theory it could be wired in 6mm T&E but I would always run new electric shower cables in 10mm.

Last edited:
O P said he had 240V but did not say where he was testing this.

If he was testing L & E he could have, but there could be a loose connection in one of the Neutral connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Urgent help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock