Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented hwc in loft in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Grandesporting

Hi guys
i am going to be replacing a open vented cylinder from an airing cupboard with gravity hw circulation to an unvented cylinder in the loft with fully pumped heating and hot water,
i would like to know if the heating will circulate okay it the primary htg pipe work to the cylinder coil is the same height if not higher than the feed and expansion tank for the htg.

Also can I actually change the htg to fully pumped system on an old ideal Mexico boiler as it has the circulating pump in the boiler ???

Many thanks

You cannot do this as you obviously do not have the knowledge or qualifications.
You need a G3 qualified installer.
It can only be connected to your Mexico if it the Mexico has an overheat thermostat. If not you may be looking at a new boiler first.
The heating engineer you employ will look at pipework and fully pumped design and tank heights. Do not be surprised if he recommends a new sealed system boiler.
If you try to do what you are suggesting it will not work and be potentially dangerous.

How helpful

You clearly haven't a clue what you're doing hence your question. If you had any idea at all you'd know that you need to hold the g3 qualifications as dictated in part g of the building regs.

Now, how helpful do you want me to be?

If you don't have the basic knowledge to determine whether or not your boiler is suitable, you certainly don't have the knowledge, or qualifications to safely install a cylinder of this type without turning your attic into a bomb. Regardless of how handy you think you are.

Hi guys
i am going to be replacing a open vented cylinder from an airing cupboard with gravity hw circulation to an unvented cylinder in the loft with fully pumped heating and hot water,
i would like to know if the heating will circulate okay it the primary htg pipe work to the cylinder coil is the same height if not higher than the feed and expansion tank for the htg.

Also can I actually change the htg to fully pumped system on an old ideal Mexico boiler as it has the circulating pump in the boiler ???

Many thanks

Stop being a friggin tight arse,new system boiler,unvented cylinder,cold main upgrade,new controls.End off.

How helpful

Trust me he is being helpful by trying to get you to step away from the plumbing and get a suitably qualified and experienced person in to discuss the options with you, it sounds as if you might attempt this job yourself, and you don't have the experience

to the original poster, I used to subcontract to Kingspan who make the Tribune unvented cylinder, which is a great cylinder, I worked for them for over 5 years and saw hundreds of :nono: and dangerously installed cylinders, believe you me I have seen more than most. Please do not install it yourself . There is a very good reason why we have to take our G3, the 10 posts above should tell you why to pay somebody to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented hwc in loft in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock