Discuss Unvented Cylinders Ticket in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Foodface

Had a customer call today saying they had a Worcester Bosch engineer out for what they thought was a boiler problem, turned out the motorised valve on their unvented cylinder had gone. They asked me to do it and I said no, as I hadn't done the ticket. Don't really come across them much and we predominately do servicing work, is it even worth doing the ticket?

Just wondered what people thought like.

Nice one

Fodface

I'm not entirely sure that you need G3 to change a motorised valve as its not part of the 'unvented' side of the system.
As long as the new valve was spring return, normally closed the same as the old one.
It probably only needs a new motor or head and it would be a bit drastic to need the G3 ticket to change either of these.

I spoke to my training providers and they said I needed the ticket to work on it, thought it best not to meddle if I was unsure. Not got a great deal of work in so will be a bit annoyed if I did the wrong thing.

You dont need a ticket to swap a 2 port valve that would be like saying you have to be gas safe to change a pump. You cant touch the cylinder expansion vessel or the bits on the cold main going to it like pressure reducing valve pressure relief etc etc.

two port on the coil is a safety device as well on an unvented and part of the system so the rules would say you need an unvented ticket.

Ha ha ha, I always seem to start an argument. I thought you had to have the ticket to work and install componants directly to do with the relevant appliance.

I agree with Lame as wrong as it sounds. On both counts ;)

I know that the industry is nuts, but needing G3 to change a synchron motor is truly mad.
I don't mind myself, as I have the G3 ticket but there is so much confusion in the industry that my last two callouts to 'unvented' cylinders turned out to be Gledhill Boilermates. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented Cylinders Ticket in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock