Discuss Unvented cylinder size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hiya guys

I currently specing a job for a 5 bedroom house with x5 ensuites. Could anyone advise me on sizing cals for unvented cylinders.

Thank you

showers baths ? spec

water mains flow and pressure static and dynamic

ta last q how many outlets are they planning on using at once /demand like 4 showers each morning etc

400l or 300l fast reheat

4 showers lets say 12lpm

60/40 split

8 hot / 4 cold

average shower 10 mins

so total per shower 80l hot / 40l cold

over 4 showers 320l hot / 160l cold

if you allow this for cylinder temp will give you a bit of wiggle room as people dont have 60dc showers :D

i would allow a good 25kw for a high recovery

10kw for re heat within 90 mins is you can add more if the coil will take it eg 20 kw for 45 mins etc

Okay so I've got a Heat loss of about 24 kw for the rads including a 15% margin for pipework etc etc

The system will be run from a oil boiler, initally I have thought a 32kw would be suitable. The coil on the propsed 300 litre cylinder is 39kw.

Whats your opinion on fitting a larger boiler?

depends stagger the hot water times then you can go with a 28kw

if they want them both on the same time around the 40 kw mark

How about putting in a flow switch & timer device so that after so many mins of HW flow, the boiler automatically initiates HW reheat? That could operate in parallel with the std HW schedule.

How about putting in a flow switch & timer device so that after so many mins of HW flow, the boiler automatically initiates HW reheat? That could operate in parallel with the std HW schedule.

you could do how water priority ish

normally try and get it close to a load bearing wall or add extra support in

Reply to Unvented cylinder size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock