Discuss Unsafe situations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I do all my 26(9) checks on every single visit...why?

Hang on so we've got a faulty pcb with ch demand,a faulty pcb sending stray voltage to a fan,a faulty fan pcb,a faulty pcb not checking resistance of flue stat,a faulty flue stat....come on...!

Let's just say for fun it's got a gas leak shall we? Make it sound a little more like an ID so you look like you're right? Lol

working on whats been said a boiler with a blown fuse is id as your unable to test the safety devices

Well no because you are allowed to test an appliance that has defective saftey devices in order that you repair or make safe.

I usually hate BG and E-on (now help link) but a pcb fault is a serious one. Bus fault can be caused by 1 or 2 v dc!

working on whats been said a boiler with a blown fuse is id as your unable to test the safety devices

Disagree again I'm afraid. At risk. Because you can't test a safety device means you can't confirm it's safe, that doesn't make it dangerous. If you can't access a gas meter in a non emergency situation, it's AR,just because you can't do a tightness on it doesn't mean it's leaking,therefore ID.

cant access a flue...doesn't make it ID...makes it AR. Think of flue in voids.

Any appliance that's faulty, only faulty (ie no visual signs of poor combustion,spillage etc),and you've worked on it and it needs parts is AR unless you have reason to believe that leaving it connected to the gas supply is IMMEDIATELY dangerous to the user. Common sense prevails, obviously there will be occasions where it's ID for the appropriate reasons, a fuse is definately not one....

No, its At Risk. There is the potential for it to be unsafe but as it is non operational it cant possibly be ID unless leaking gas.

No, its At Risk. There is the potential for it to be unsafe but as it is non operational it cant possibly be ID unless leaking gas.

Or it's spontaneously combusting with insufficient ventilation .

Once asked to divert flue from furnace through offices as a means of heating them....... Needless to say Im still ÂŁ59 better off and they are all cold, stone cold in a box

Yeah but that's not what we are discussing. The FFD could be perfectly fine, and there has been no mention of it being faulty. If all the safety devices test ok then it is not ID. There is no immediate danger. The PCB controls a lot of things, just because one part of it is failing it doesn't mean its all knackered. The correct classification would be AR.

Granted, what we were talking about was weather it was if the boiler is ID. Truth is we don't know! Your man who,s been out to it didn't test it. The original question was "is this over the top"

answer= if ffd,s compromised, yes

ffd,s ok= no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unsafe situations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back