Discuss ultimate 60 ff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stings27

Gas Engineer
Went to my cousins who has a fault with his boiler.
Has to keep using the reset button to get the thing working , when up and running it is fine, but will not fire on the set programmes.
Would a faulty programmer make you have to keep resetting it?

Thanks

Nope! :)

Most likely suspect is gas related which will need someone qualifies to take a butchers!! IMHO :)

If you keep programer on constant, & use room stat to turn boiler on/off is the same thing happening ??

When you say it will not fire on the set programmes, could you perhaps elaborate? Does it do anything on the set programmes at all ... hear any noises, pump running, that sort of thing?

Has told me he gets up in a morning , nothing working. resets boiler, everything fine.
Gets home from work , nothing.....etc.

Has told me he gets up in a morning , nothing working. resets boiler, everything fine.
Gets home from work , nothing.....etc.

Are you Gas Safe Registered stings27? Just wondering :) Problem lies in the boiler I'd say not the programmer!

Are you Gas Safe Registered stings27? Just wondering :) Problem lies in the boiler I'd say not the programmer!

Yes I am. (2886582)
I have been asked this before on this forum and find it quite puzzling.
I spend all year installing boilers but never repairing (left to our service dept)
So what is the big deal with coming on here for a bit of friendly advice??
Or is this just for Joe public to come on and be told 'get a GSR engineer'

I find this forum interesting and educational but it seems there are a few people on here that should get off their 'high horse'?

Yes I am. (2886582)
I have been asked this before on this forum and find it quite puzzling.
I spend all year installing boilers but never repairing (left to our service dept)
So what is the big deal with coming on here for a bit of friendly advice??
Or is this just for Joe public to come on and be told 'get a GSR engineer'

I find this forum interesting and educational but it seems there are a few people on here that should get off their 'high horse'?

In answering your question, there is no big deal, the issue i have is offering gas/safety related advice to none gsr, it isn't something I want to do ... and to leave any advice in an open forum for the future such as this is inviting Joe public to go mess with something they really shouldn't :) Hence the caution. There is a private forum for GSR only where technical questions can be answered!

In answering your question, there is no big deal, the issue i have is offering gas/safety related advice to none gsr, it isn't something I want to do ... and to leave any advice in an open forum for the future such as this is inviting Joe public to go mess with something they really shouldn't :) Hence the caution. There is a private forum for GSR only where technical questions can be answered!

Apologies, did not realise there was a separate forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ultimate 60 ff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi My oil boiler keeps locking out after running for 30/40 minutes! I then try to reset it but it won’t fire back up! I have to leave it for...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 boiler and would greatly appreciate your expert advice. The Problem: Heating...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot water dual channel receiver to an old Vaillant THERMOcompact VU GB 242/1 E system boiler. It has an...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However...
Replies
Views
R
Thermostat and Programmer not communicating with Boiler. Both have been replaced. Any ideas? On the Glowworm boiler 18sxi I can use the CH...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock