Currently reading:
Turned Boiler Off and On this morning and now got nothing coming out of hot taps!

Discuss Turned Boiler Off and On this morning and now got nothing coming out of hot taps! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bartlett Junior

Please advise - I turned my Vokera Unica HE28 boiler off and on this morning as it has stopped working over night*. Twizzled the knobs beforehand to build up pressure.
Radiators came on, happy days, but now NOTHING is coming out of the hot taps in kitchen or bathroom. Have not touched stopcock at all. HELP...........!!! Thanks

* Owing to parental interference yesterday whilst I was out, tsk

probably the isolation valve on the cold to the boiler turned off. is it a 3 way iso valve under the boiler that controls both the cold supply to the boiler and the filling loop?

Um, There a knob with "open" and "shut" on the left hand side underneath, which I used to build the pressure in conjunction with a weird lever on the right hand side which does seem to have three possible different positions it could be left in. Am currently at work, sorry I can't provide a better description! Does that sound like a three way iso valve? Thanks for replying, by the way!

yes, you need to put this valve back in the position that allows water through the boiler to your hot taps. When you get home have a play, you should sus it out.

I know this! One of the few domestic boilers I know a bit about!

The lever AW has mentioned has 3 positions, 1. Fill, 2. Off and 3. Boiler.....

And moving to the Central Heating forum.

Have tweaked now that I am home, and restored hot water. So pleased :) Thanks so much for the instructions. Have a simply super weekend, my plumbing chums! x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Turned Boiler Off and On this morning and now got nothing coming out of hot taps! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock