Discuss Triton shower water flow won't stop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Recently had an issue with a Triton Cara electric shower no water flow:

Tested solenoid coil - open line so replaced coil now water won't shut off even though power is off at the main isolator.

Tested switch all ok. When turned off i have no voltage to the solenoid coil. When turned on i have 230v at the solenoid coil. Solenoid coil has a perfect resistance of 3.5 ohms (brand new).

Fault still seems to lie with the solenoid coil not working??

Frustrated now, any ideas??

I only ever had one shower that wouldn't turn off & it was a faulty solenoid... Did you just replace the could or entire valve?

Taking it apart & being able to blow through the valve would prove its not shutting off correctly or maybe debris in there?

I just replaced the coil, the inlet costs just under £40 and the showers 4 years old so prob not worth it.
The inlet is now stuck so it seems although before the coil change was closed and wouldn't open. The coil I replaced had a open line resistance so was faulty.

If I remove the inlet valve from the shower would it be possible to clean it through and free it or is it a sealed unit?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Triton shower water flow won't stop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock