Search the forum,

Discuss Tpcp1 1a in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasmanrob

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
A few weeks ago there was a thread where someone was going through their commercial qualifications and a sub discussion was had surrounding the requirements of needing 1a if you have 1.

i was back at a training centre yesterday sitting some more bits and this came up, gas safe had referred an engineer in the class for working out of scope he had tpcp1 and was signing off 1a standard work under the impression he was covered. Gas safe disagree I've been on the phone today to nieic UK Certs and logic certification and requested clarification just waiting for responses from all regarding it.

the silly thing is if you sit 1 to gain 1a its 6 extra questions at the time of sitting the paper if you sit 1a separately it's another exam completely.

will update once I have clarification from certificating bodies

I've been back at Sevenoaks renewing my core and boilers this week. Zzzzzzz

Did my direct fired this week at lordswood 32 questions no practical- bliss

But yes apparently it's six additional questions according to the verifier I was speaking with

Ok so I have received a call from peninsula (UK Certs) and got the following information.

. Tpcp1 will cover you as long as you are using the calculations set out in the criteria of tpcp1 and you use the correct paperwork you will come unstuck and out of scope of you use the calculations defined in 1a if you do not hold 1a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tpcp1 1a in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock