Discuss Tightness Test Anomaly - Any Ideas / Advice Welcome in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked what meter you was testing on because an E6 meter allows 8mb drop with no smell of gas so your tightness passed as far as as im concerned . You was only there to do a landlord checkwhich just required noting on your cp12. Why make life harder for yourself doing unnecessary things? Its a pass or fail .

sounds like a pass to me. id use a water gauge for your tightness tests tbh, digital gauges can be to sensitive imo for this job.

sounds like a pass to me. id use a water gauge for your tightness tests tbh, digital gauges can be to sensitive imo for this job.

I agree, no matter how many times I try I cannot demonstrate a TT using the Kane 455, end up,losing the tattie with it and going back to u gauge

Don't suppose you tried capping meter and testing that, had a drop on a new install with a mate at a new build. We cut up floorboards and all, turned out brand new meter was fk,d

Did you put a disk in the meter and isolate the consumer side? And then test?

Can I just point out a tightness test is not for 4 minutes, its 2 minutes

1 min let by to check ecv
1 min temp sabalisation
2 min test period

Can I just point out a tightness test is not for 4 minutes, its 2 minutes

1 min let by to check ecv
1 min temp sabalisation
2 min test period

I'd argue the toss on that but then one installation I tested recently was 23m3..........

Lol, had to use the digital gauge to get the test time down to 5 minutes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tightness Test Anomaly - Any Ideas / Advice Welcome in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer &...
Replies
Views
New LPG installation with 2x 19kg cylinders outside, plus change-over regulator with isolator valve on output, then 10 metres of 15mm copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views
Back