Discuss Thinking aloud - online boiler survey in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Here's an idea I have been kicking around, and would appreciate some input from you guys.

We see hundreds of "whats the best boiler" threads, not just here, but on FB etc.

We also know that there is no "right" answer, and pretty soon the thread deteriorates to "rip 'em all out and fit a xxxxx". We also get answers based, not on the current model, but on the back-catalogue which although important to maintenance engineers, is of no interest at all to people buying new.

However, we could get a much better answer if we structured the question better.

For example, break it down into categories - "premium", "mid-market" and budget, and name models and manufacturers.

Also break it down into ease of install, reliability, aftercare, price and availability of parts, support from reps etc.

I'm thinking of running such an organised survey, and maybe joint branding it with UKPF if the mods and admin are in agreement? I would host it on Survey Monkey, which has much more sophisticated question structuring that UKPF does, but post the results here. I know that there are other surveys, but I think that installers and householders would put more faith in a thorough survey of professional installers.

To avoid spoofing by manufacturers, we would ask for a GSR number and postcode, and reject responses not confirmed by Gas Safe.

What other factors should we measure? And what brands would you want to see in addition to the following list. Please bear in mind that I am only talking about brands that are currently on sale as new appliances in the UK, so brands like Saunier Duval or Remeha would not be included, despite being very common.

Worcester
Vaillant
Glowworm
Baxi
Potterton
Main
Ideal
Intergas
Viessman
Heatline
Ravenheat
Ariston
Atag
Vokera
Alpha
Keston
Biasi
Ferroli

Your thoughts appreciated.

Sounds a good idea, maybe adding the current length of warranty included as standard & if fitted by a trained installer gives you x extra

Is it all gas safe fitters or just those who work for themselves??

My initial thinking was any GSR. Is there a reason to consider employment status?

Well I suppose I don't deal with aftercare, price of parts etc. but I probably throw more boilers at the wall each year than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thinking aloud - online boiler survey in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock