Discuss Things that annoy you (plumbing and heating related) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
When customers call you asking what the problem could be.... Answer "I'll need to come and have a look"

The Toilet is dripping now, is that anything to do with you .......................I'm working on the Central Heating so No it is not i usually sort it for them anyway but very annoying like they play dumb or they really are i don't know.

Can i use the toilet/washing machine/ etc ..... Yes i am working on the central heating

I'm easily annoyed it seems

This was n here a few months ago , i love it , thanks to who ever posted it, i have used it twice.

You can call this evening i finish at 6 ..........
Plumber answers yes , so do I

"I'll soon sort that out for you girl!"

F'nar f'nar f'nar. .....

anyone else think that John has hit the dirty old man stage of his life, now he dribbles at any post involving inuendo ? :):):)

Had a bloke yesterday. Asked for llgs/service. Sent an engineer there and he has removed a gas fire himself. Can't turn on gas as he has an open end. I spoke to him on the phone and told him he shouldn't be touching it and if he knew it needed doing y didn't he say instead of knowing full we'll it wasn't just a service. Said I would send the engineer to pick up a cap and replace for £20 virtually cost price because I didn't want to loose the £78 on the service. Said it was expensive and he will pick up now and do himself!
Then I got another call, bloke has moved his own gas meter to and it's hanging mid air. He just of removed to install the new kitchen unit. Then he finds the boiler is not piped up on the hot and cold! Then a final call to say there is no gas. After all this I tell him he's gunna get charged for the callout to which the bloke says he's not paying because we havnt done the llgs/service. 1.5 hours of wages and overheads it's cost me.
I phoned southern gas and said the customer has carried out illegal gas work and we weren't able to test if it was safe as no gas into property.
Had a similar p*** taker last week asked for a service when boiler was locked out. When we had quoted for £250 worth of parts they tried topping up after we left and left filling loop open on Glowworm boiler, blamed engineer for leak saying he left it like that denied touching it. Refused to pay for 2nd visit. Hate people like this. Absolute skanks

Would it help if i moved my car off the drive ?
Then you wouldn't have to walk up the road to your van.

Not getting offered a tea or coffee, despite the amount of hints you drop - " you got enough water in the kettle for tea before I turn the water off" ......................

Or not getting offered as the custard makes one for him/her self.......

Ok then the bill just went up £10

the tea would of been the cheaper option.

Fat lazy slobs who move nothing, put the washing machine on just before you turn up, moan that the free boiler upgrade is taking two days, make no tea all day, shout and scream at their kids because they're too lazy to get up and entertain them...

I've had a shocking day. J.D and coke time.

Fat lazy slobs who move nothing, put the washing machine on just before you turn up, moan that the free boiler upgrade is taking two days, make no tea all day, shout and scream at their kids because they're too lazy to get up and entertain them...

I've had a shocking day. J.D and coke time.

Jd it must have been bad if you've bushed past the Malibu and b52

Don't have too many or tomorrow might be even more of a nightmare

Getting a call to go take a look at a problem with a toilet, getting there and then seeing and smelling it has never been cleaned! I've refused to work on some before.

thinking your on to an early finish when doing an install then you end up having to run away to merchants or run into unforeseen problems and end up finishing at 8pm.

Pump supplier gives you a 3 phase terminal box and a single phase head. Then says it not his fault.

Another is it hasn't worked since you were here.
Even though that was 6 months ago

customers calling on a bank holiday weekend, who expect normal working hour rates. Seems they can come here to their 2nd homes on holiday and relax, but the local trades need to be on five mins notice for £45 and hour, inc parts (pcb). They soon learn, after I'll get back to you, then 2 hours later, What were your rates again as I cant get anyone else to answer the phone. Oh dear, theres been an inflationary rise since you last called :):):)

Boiler Change

Tenant Asking how much longer do you think your gonna be
Me: tell them pretty much all day
You said the other day it would only be an hour job

Some of these people want to see how much they can do in an hour

They all sit on their computers

I arrived sunday at about 9 and then they decide to have breakfast (Oven Pretty much opposite the boiler )

I like to fit boilers with my bum hanging out like bieber.

It annoys me when they say put it away lardy

I like to fit boilers with my bum hanging out like bieber.

It annoys me when they say put it away lardy

:D just show them this and would they say the same

image.jpg

Asking if any other Gas appliances in the property and they reply yeah "6 gas fires"

Your heart sinks then you realise they are talking about radiators...Doh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Things that annoy you (plumbing and heating related) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

H
  • Article
Lecturers in Plumbing within Construction 36 hours, 52 weeks per year , part time hours will also be considered £32,732- £39,096 per annum...
Replies
Views
    • Love
It's DIY forums like this that have helped countless people fix, repair or replace things in their homes, which helped prevent additional damage...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am in the process of trying to open a new Plumbing Wholesalers in Wales / Western England. I have identified distributors and...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock