Discuss Thermostat hit and miss with boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hi guys

I have had a new boiler installed, an ideal logic 30k system boiler, with Danfoss rf thermostat RET2000b-rf+rx1-s, wireless. I have had problems with boiler not turning on with thermostat and sometimes not switching off, the installer has now moved the receiver even closer and I am still having problems, the signal sign is showing on thermostat and so is the heat sign. The receiver ch button is on red like it should be but boiler does not come on, today nothing happened for ten minutes so i turned the thermostat to off twice and back up, then it worked.

Any suggestions what the issue might be?

Thanks

pixs attached is it helps

A0ED440C-BE80-42DA-8DF3-4C0EFCD03D0C.jpeg

C1A07554-0F61-4109-86DB-6F99B118F570.jpeg

9DD710A5-A01D-49C1-A965-26CC08C42EED.jpeg

I think you'll find this is something in the boiler as I had a similar issue with a vogue combi (Ideal) where it would turn on but not off. They attended under warranty as all equipment was from them and they ended changing something in the boiler although the customer doesn't know what

Hi JVTrades, its only not switched off once or twice but my main issue is it does not seem to come on when I set temperature especially first thing in morning when boiler has been switched off overnight.

The receiver was about 15 meters away, it should work upto 30 meters but there were a few walls in between and now that has been moved and the distance from receiver to thermostat is roughly 3-4 meters with one wall in between. The receiver lights up when i turn thermostat up, its the boiler that doesn’t turn on when it should do

Its hit and miss, sometimes it comes on within seconds and then likd this morning I waited 5 minutes and nothing happened, then I switched the thermostat down and up again then it came on instantly, it is intermittent. Got boiler installer and electrician coming on Wednesday to check boiler as well as thermostat /receiver.

Reply to Thermostat hit and miss with boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock