Discuss The Green Deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well mate if you know the size of a Band A boiler Primary Heat Exchanger's water ways there's no way you wouldn't powerflush it, regardless of any regs.
While powerflushing is not the answer to every system's ills, in the case of a boiler swop it's a must in my view.

What many have said here is true about doing install work on these schemes, lots of guys are making good money doing this type of work for the GOOD companies. If you have all the right gear, lots of experience, the qualifications & are willing to work hard. Then making £200-300/day can be easily done. If you're an old git like me with loads of qualification, skill & experience, well, leave it to the young guns in my view.

Reg doesn't actually state a power flush and never has, simply says system should be cleaned to British standard, its up to the installer to determine what treatment is needed. Know a lad doing Eco scheme with a mate, their doing 2 a day, says its 3-4 hours straight swap and run condense. No way they're power flushing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Energy Companies are having it done, it's in their Specifications on this scheme. SSE for example.

Reg doesn't actually state a power flush and never has, simply says system should be cleaned to British standard, its up to the installer to determine what treatment is needed. Know a lad doing Eco scheme with a mate, their doing 2 a day, says its 3-4 hours straight swap and run condense. No way they're power flushing.

What are they getting per job ?

Oh I know what you're saying is true mate & I'm sure your pal is doing very nicely out of it.

Dont get me wrong I'm not a huge Powerflush fan, but at times it's the only way to get the crud out any system....

this was on the news yesterday about the green deal and compared to other govt schemes apparentley its way down on the take up of orders ,faltering methinks.

All the guys that are installing at the moment can't be installing for the green Deal.

There hasn't been any installs carried out on the Green Deal yet, just inspections because they've got money issues or something.

All these installs will probably be on the eco scheme.

All the guys that are installing at the moment can't be installing for the green Deal.

There hasn't been any installs carried out on the Green Deal yet, just inspections because they've got money issues or something.

All these installs will probably be on the eco scheme.

Whats the difference between the 2 ?

Eco scheme is if your a scumbag layabout you get free boiler, green deal is for anyone who wishes to devalue their home by putting works cost against your house

Eco is like the old warm front, except there isn't just one company doing all the installs. Any of us can get a slice of the pie.

With green Deal the cost is paid monthly by the householder via there electricity bill.

Eco is warm front replacement. Lads are getting between £130-350 per install you get to keep scrap etc, had ideal rep pushing it via my answer phone earlier

read in the paper today that the number of green deal installs is zero, zilch nada!. you might as well throw money down the drain than get involved in this white elephant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The Green Deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock