Discuss superfire 2 broken already in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I purchased Superfire 2 online and brandnew it has worked brililantly for 2 days now i cant light the torch automaticaly it appears has though its not sparking, is there any quick fixes for this? The reason i bought it so I could finally retire my primus 2000 bottle which needs a lighter, but now im back to square one!

Thanks

Reading Plumber

Can you not light it with a match? :biggrin5:

I have a duff Superfire with the same problem but I caused mine by unscrewing and messing with the tip of the lighter ignition.

Im personaly unaware of any quick fixes you stored the torch near anything damp? for example in a solder tray with a damp rag? that can cause issues with the ignighter, if it were me id contact the place you purchased it from and ask for a refund or exchange.

Attempting repairs will void the warrenty.

when you buy nozzle there is a flint in the pack, this will solve but at a cost of £15 ish.

or may be solder in nozzle

As said before, take it back

Agree could be solder in nozzle
Email rothenburger and they will send you a pack to replace nearly everything in it

If it's that new, take it back. I usually get about 3 years out of one.

Mine only stops sparking if I get it wet. As said, two days old, take it back.

Hi Thanks all for your help,

For some reason it has started to work again perfectly, i can only think it may have got damp somewhere along the line, and am very pleased with it it beats my primus 2000 anyday, I dont miss the flame going out when i turn the torch 45degrees!

Thanks all.

If they get wet, they won't spark until they dry out.. But it hardly ever happens.

My superfire is playing up, the igniter doesn't always "unclick" if you know what I mean, get some funny looks by other trades when the see me with solder in one hand and me headbutting the torch in my other hand trying to persuade it to unclick so I can relight it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to superfire 2 broken already in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back