Discuss Stupid soil vent question. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TBServices

Well it looks like I'm gonna FINALLY do my own tiny bathroom. I have just enough room to get an 1800 bath in, but annoyingly I have an internal stack boxed in at the end of the existing bath, so here's the question (cos my college training is hazy). Can I reduce the vent size of the stack into the loft so I can get in under the bath and up the wall? If I could take it down to 11/2" then I'm all good.

Obviously a dirgo valve is out of the question cos it would have to be under the spill over level of the bath. My house is a mid town house so not on the end of the drain run and I have another internal stack.

I've seen them reduced to 3" or if possible core out and fit the 3" outside and up over the roof.

1 1/2" could leave you with problems of the W.C. and waste pipes not clearing, I think it's down to barometric pressure, been a long time since school for me too.

3" min vent size

Gah, that's not what I wanted to hear, but had a feeling that was the case.

It's not tiny, it's just smaller than I would like and an odd shape. the missus would like a bigger bath. Price of having 2 bathrooms I guess.

I've seen them reduced to 3" or if possible core out and fit the 3" outside and up over the roof.

1 1/2" could leave you with problems of the W.C. and waste pipes not clearing, I think it's down to barometric pressure, been a long time since school for me too.

The bathroom is the most central room in the house so no option but to go vertical I'm afraid.

I'm pricing a bathroom where they have exactly this problem. Bloke who did the one next door reduced the SVP to 2" and fitted a full length bath. I'm gonna core a hole through the wall and run it properly. Guess who's will take longer!?

Don't think they've had any issues next door, but I can't bodge it. Just not my nature. Accidently bodge it ok, but knowingly...no!! :)

Have actually just found this nifty looking fitting which could be just the job!

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/waste-manifold-black-sp588/40832

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stupid soil vent question. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back