Search the forum,

Discuss stopcock no water flow in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Alright so we made a bit of a mess the other day. Pulled the washing machine out and the pipe snapped off the back of it and flooded the place. It was connected to the pipe on the right. It had a stopcock on it identical the the blue circled one, but turning it wouldn't shut the water off so it was blocked off with a new part (red circle) today. Now we have a new pipe for the washing machine but this time connected to the pipe on the left. When we turn the stopcock to get water flowing, nothing happens. Main water is on and the sink works but the pipe on the left has no water flow to it. I'm sure this is a simple fix but can't get it going.

Attachments

• 1231312313.jpg
    1231312313.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 17
1. They are washing machine isolation valves, not stopcocks.
2. For the one which is not operating as Undertrained above.
3. You will probably find you have now connected it to the hot water supply. Most modern machines are cold fill only.
4. Going forward (assuming 3. above is correct):
4a. Turn off hot and cold supplies.
4b. Replace right hand valve with a good quality (e.g. Pegler) one. Just undo the nut at the top of the valve, and connect it to the new valve, discarding the equivalent nut and olive from the new valve. Note the valve may be directional with the water flow shown by an arrow.
4c. Remove left hand valve. Ideally replace "tee" above it with a straight connector. Otherwise cut the pipe about 60 mm down from the tee and fit a compression stop end.

Reply to stopcock no water flow in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock