Discuss Sponsored thread - cheap fittings and free tool bag. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Hi All

Here we go with another sponsored offer. Firstly, a bit of background.

Traditionally, merchants put a high mark up on fittings. We make next to no money on boilers or tube, so the received wisdom is that we put a larger mark-up on fittings. It made perfect sense until the coming of the internet, and since then bricks and mortar merchants have steadily lost more and more business to low-overhead internet traders. Fittings are a good product for internet trading, because they are quite high value, easy to pack, and don't break in transit.

As we have been developing our ecommerce site, I re-thought our policy on fittings pricing. Since we will be selling online, there is no way that we could continue with that traditional model. Anyway, I was getting seriously peed off with just surrendering that price position to competitors.

So - here's my solution.

See attached pics for the pricing - there is a singles rate and various bag rates, depending on the fitting. All the Endfeed fittings are ALLPEX, and the compression fittings are WESTCO - both suppliers that we have used for many years.

endfeed.jpgcompression.jpgBagoffer.jpg

The deal is - buy £100 + VAT worth of any mix of endfeed and compression from those lists, and we will not only deliver them free*, but we will wrap them up with a Neilsen 16" hard based tool-bag, just for you.

The third pic shows a sample pack of end-feed which just happens to include a good mix of popular fittings that add up to just over £100, but you don't have to have that mix - you can have any combination you like - 6 x 54mm compression tees would do it, if thats what floats your boat.

To order, just PM your list of fittings (please make sure to mention whether they are compression or endfeed), delivery address AND A PHONE NUMBER and someone will call you on Monday to take payment details.

Cover me in copper baby, and throw me to the lady plumbers...

*UK Mainland only

Can you do one that includes Yorkies/soldered fittings and solvent weld waste fittings?

Can you do one that includes Yorkies/soldered fittings and solvent weld waste fittings?

Not sure. We bought (or rather committed to buy) 6 x 7.5 tonne lorry loads of endfeed alone to get that pricing, and I am not sure there would be enough demand for solderring for us to be able to make that level of commitment. I'll have a look though.

Plastics is harder - they are quite a lot bulkier, and wouldn't fit in the bag. I might have to find a physically bigger freebie - maybe one of the larger canvas chippies bags?

No promises - but maybe in the next promotional cycle.

I'll say this for you Ray you don't let the grass grow under your feet I have enough fitting's for the moment but another great offer from William's and Co..regards turnpin:26:

Ohhh *eyes up magnacleanse unit* can that be a freebie ray? I know you said no to a free intergas :(

Actually, thinking about it ray..
Would it be possible to do this with say a pipe slices, soldering matts or even a tub of flux?

i have no idea at how much the bags cost compared to any of these but if any were of a similer value then on the next cycle be able to choose and collect from a branch (might cut down your over head of delivery giving a bigger margin for the freebie?)

As they are consumables(to an extent) and will be in constant demand? :)
would be another appealing option for thoses who are close to branches.

Get the shovel out Croppie, you need to build that NI Tunnel, a few Jagerbombs down ya and I reckon you might break through at Holyhead in the early hours of Monday! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sponsored thread - cheap fittings and free tool bag. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock