Discuss Spanner maintenance? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

edbrown

Hi guys,

Question from a newbie - my dad's been doing various plumbing related bits and bobs for a while and was talking about spanners distorting and malfunctioning like I ought to know what that was - I took the nod, smile and try to find out from someone more knowledgeable than me later on approach to save face...

Is anyone able to explain what he means by distortion/malfunction? Sounded like two separate things. We were referring to immersion heater spanners when we were talking (although I guess it would apply to all spanners) and I'm guessing that distortion is where the spanner handle bends?

Is there a way to prevent these things from happening?

Buy decent adjustable a and it won't occur. Flat immersion spammers are throwaway items. Decent monument box spanner is a use more than once tool tho.

Brought set of Bahco adjustables up to the 15 inch one some 20 odd yrs ago, they have been dropped from height, dropped in water and oil, used with scaffold poles on the end for leverage and smacked with copper and hide mallets and there still going strong. Agree with Erm, if it feel lightweight then don`t expect it to last is my motto.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Spanner maintenance? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock