Discuss Some good news in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Well I must be doing something right, I have some work this weekend and next. I'm doing it for free as I'm just lending a hand and I'm more interested in learning than earning - he's doing me a favour. I will be getting my hands on when I can. Sunday we are doing fire and cooker Landlord certs then next weekend it's a boiler install which I have never done before so will be a good learning experience.

It's with the guy I done my ACS portfolio with, I called him yesterday and he called me back tonight to say the jobs are confirmed.

I'm going to be spending all day tomorrow reading my books and refreshing on the figures and procedures I need to know for these jobs, I'm well chuffed, going to work my nuts off and hope it becomes something regular. Just thought I'd share with you guys on here as it's made my day.

Good news indeed Armyash well done regards turnpin
icon7.png

good news ash,my lad who,s 12 come out with me last Saturday he is earning a tenner,teaching him the value of money,sadly it was a manky house,did not know he had a weak stomach LOL,anyway hope you learn something and get some site experience

good news ash,my lad who,s 12 come out with me last Saturday he is earning a tenner,teaching him the value of money,sadly it was a manky house,did not know he had a weak stomach LOL,anyway hope you learn something and get some site experience

I had the young un on work experience two years ago when he was 15. It just confirmed to him that he doesn't want to get his hands dirty for a living :)

All done and dusted for today. Land lord cert on cooker then service the fire and cert that too.

I remembered more than I expected but also forgot things I should have known. Last time I did any of this was back in march so I think today was ok. It's no good just reading up on it I need to be doing it that's the best way to learn. Sometimes when I was asked 'so what's next' etc I felt like a little boy in school who don't know the answer lol but the confidence will come.

Next Saturday it's a bigger job. New boiler has been put in, old one needs taking out I'll do the manometer tests on the meter and other bits that need doing. Once the old boiler is out i'll 'make good' the wall. I know some of the pipework needs changing too - Wrong size maybe, so I'll help out where I can and just do as i'm told basically.

Was only a couple of hours today which has reminded me of a few things, hopefully it'll be a regular thing. Cheers for the messages everyone!

Last edited:
Well done, hope you enjoyed it!

Sounds like the guy your with is a good fella too - not just abusing you as free labour but teaching/reminding you of things as you go. Very valuable opportunity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Some good news in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock