Discuss solenoid stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

handsomejackuk

This has probably been asked before.. but is there a solenoid stop valve that operates open without power.. i have a utility room that i am building, and i hoping to get a washing machine to fit in but it will be blocking access to my house stopcock... not wishing to move the stopcock. i was wondering if there is a stop valve i can usw.. that requires a 240v signal to turn water off.... most seem to require 240v all the time to keep the valve open.. to me this seems like a waste of energy as 99.9% of the time it will be required to be open only on the odd ocassion will it need to be turned off ???

also i would like to incorporate this sort of arrangement in the filling loop of my combi could this be done.. too... so that a quick blip of a button fills the booiler...

[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=008-Iuz57jI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D008-Iuz57jI&gl=GB[/video]

This has probably been asked before.. but is there a solenoid stop valve that operates open without power.. i have a utility room that i am building, and i hoping to get a washing machine to fit in but it will be blocking access to my house stopcock... not wishing to move the stopcock. i was wondering if there is a stop valve i can usw.. that requires a 240v signal to turn water off.... most seem to require 240v all the time to keep the valve open.. to me this seems like a waste of energy as 99.9% of the time it will be required to be open only on the odd ocassion will it need to be turned off ???

also i would like to incorporate this sort of arrangement in the filling loop of my combi could this be done.. too... so that a quick blip of a button fills the booiler...

Search on MHS boilers they do a unit that fills automatically ( MINIFILL ) This fills in the background although with a little ingenuity you could use a pressure reducing valve set to 1 bar and a sure stop switch.

also i would like to incorporate this sort of arrangement in the filling loop of my combi could this be done.. too... so that a quick blip of a button fills the booiler...[/QUOTE]

somewhat against building regs to leave a permanent connection on a filling loop despite what some boiler manufacturers do, but could be amusing when it fails to turn off again!

Better solution re stopcock, put another one in you can reach.

Not really a wise idea to have a power closed stop tap! If the power trips whilst you are working on an open pipe, you're buggered! Surestops are ok as an emergency isolation, but I wouldn't trust one to isolate the water whilst I worked on pipework! Get the stop tap relocated to an easy to reach place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to solenoid stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would...
Replies
Views
I cannot isolate my toilet water supply for a quick-fix, as the valve/tap is buried beneath tiling by whoever built the place. All other taps in...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat...
Replies
Views
Hi, as you can see pictured I have a stopcock without a packing gland. Over the past few days my cistern inlet was suffering from an airlock and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a stopcock in my closet at my flat, but despite me turning it clockwise all the way, this doesn't seem to be stopping the flow of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock