Discuss Soil Stack Pickle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phillay

Hi guys, need someseasoned advice.

Had to remove a datedinternal soil stack during a bathroom refurb.

Dropped the new pvcpipe into the old ring-seal connector that's cemented in at groundlevel. Upstairs in the bathroom, I've noticed the stack's leaningtowards the appliances (enough to take a spirit level bubble justpast the markers).

Tried easing it back,but it won't go too far as the copper water main/stopcock etc.. isnear ground level and is already just touching the stack. I'vechecked the old ring-seal fitting and that's cemented in on theslant.

So looks like the oldstack (installed back in the 70s) wasn't plumb. Obviously thetoilet, bath waste etc.. will have appropriate falls, but is theleaning stack going to cause me problems?

As I've said, can'tforce it back anymore, so the only other thing I can think ok is tosqueeze a couple of opposing 135 bends just above ground level tobring the stack further out?

Cheers. BTW, it's my house, so if I get it wrong, I'm answerable to the missus.

The stack will be fine. Water and others shall flow freely. Just make sure seal at base is adaquite

As Ermi says it should be fine but you could possible try one of these adjustable bends to form an offset to take up the differences.
PPSSAB90GRY.jpg

I always thought it bad practice to put offsets on a vertical stack. Why don't you move the cold water pipe, much easier than modifying the soil stack.

Could do, but I don't really want to rip the boxing downstairs out to get to the water pipes behind the stack, missus would kill me! haha... access just allows me to get to the stopcock and drain and the base of the stack, but the nuisance copper is situated out of reach.

In all fairness, the ring-seal coupling that's cemented into the clay pipe is at an angle, and I reckon forcing the stack level would cause seal problems anyway... might need to put in an offset, but suppose best practice would then be to put an access boss in first... in case of any 'future' issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil Stack Pickle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock