Discuss Slow leak from pipe in airing cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Liz

Hey all,

I have a bit of a leak in a pipe between the pump and thermostat in my airing cupboard. I'm due to ring a plumber I've been given a number for but does anyone know if this is a quick job to fix and how much it might be? I assume it's a straight forward replacement of pipe?

Thanks

Liz

Attachments

• IMG_1643.jpg
    IMG_1643.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 85
Wow. You guys make a head ache sound like a terminal cancer of the brain

Don't panic the op. it's just 3" of 22mm and a valve

£150 is what I'd get for that

again poster has no location so we are giving advice with no chance the work will go to one of us im going to keep on about this
MANDATORY LOCATION FOR ALL POSTERS

Look at op posts.
This was posted on another thread back in august 2010, I thought the date on the photo was out, but obviously not.

I am quite suprised that nobody on here has mentioned the fact that when replacing the valves there is very little chance that they will come off from the pump so may be a new pump. or am I missing something.

I am quite suprised that nobody on here has mentioned the fact that when replacing the valves there is very little chance that they will come off from the pump so may be a new pump. or am I missing something.
Jase, you can normally get seized nuts of a pump if you patiently tap the pump nut on each side with two hammers & undo it, or just cut nut with a junior hacksaw till nearly through, & split off with hammer & screwdriver, ( providing the pump valves are actually turning off!!! ). Then renew nuts or entire valves. Only time I would renew the pump is when the pump flange has rotted where the washer seals or if pump is full of corrosion.

Last edited:
Sorry, couldn't resist! If I could get £800 for a job like that, I think I would just hand myself over to " Rogue Traders " before they caught up with me! Might be hard to keep up with my Ferrari though!

Not interested in rogue traders but if I quoted £800 and got the job I'd be laughing all the way to the bank........

Jase, you can normally get seized nuts of a pump if you patiently tap the pump nut on each side with two hammers & undo it, or just cut nut with a junior hacksaw till nearly through, & split off with hammer & screwdriver, ( providing the pump valves are actually turning off!!! ). Then renew nuts or entire valves. Only time I would renew the pump is when the pump flange has rotted where the washer seals or if pump is full of corrosion.

Cheers mate, will try it at some point, usually using the hammer works for me with a pump spanner, but I have had some that the pump spanner don't fit on. so will look at the hacksaw idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slow leak from pipe in airing cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock