Search the forum,

Discuss Slow filling cistern, lot of air in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

The cistern has been filling fine for nearly a year, then in the last week or so it has been taking ages to full.

Taking thr cover off the symphonic release is working and sealing fine upon completion. The float on the fill is working, but when it's filling their is a trickle and a fine spray, almost as though there is a lot of air coming with the water.

Uncoupling the float so you can get the full range of movement on the valve, increases the fine spray, but you never geta full flown of water.

Tom

It will be a siamp inlet valve, notorious for it, either swap out the rubber diaphragm, siamp specific, or swap the whole inlet valve for a brass shanked fluidmaster.
Spot on, that was exactly what it was.

Would you believe it another one has done the same thing, but it's a Torbeck. Changing the whole valve this time however as its not a quiet fill and unless the feed it turned down it sprays water out of the cistern!

Spot on, that was exactly what it was.

Would you believe it another one has done the same thing, but it's a Torbeck. Changing the whole valve this time however as its not a quiet fill and unless the feed it turned down it sprays water out of the cistern!
The torbeck is missing it’s flow diverter from the top. It diverts the water downwards to prevent spraying.

Reply to Slow filling cistern, lot of air in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock