Discuss SIME Friendly Format 80E in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr BB

Hi Dudes.

I'm new in this line of work and need some advice!

I'm at a Sime Friendly Format 80E and it runs for a short period then the water boils in the heat exchanger and i presume the overheat stat turns it off til it cools then does the same over again!

The pump gets very hot!

Cold water comes out the hot tap even although the boiler is overheating!

Could it be the impeller on the pump or maybe the heat exchanger blocked/ air locked?

Any clues would be much appreciated.

Mr BB

You new to this as in you've never done it b4. You're not an engineer are u

Yip, i'm gas safe registered. Been working for another company doing servicing, repairs etc.
Was made redundant (like a lot of guys recently) and started on my own.

Just needed a bit advice!

Mr BB

Well you just have to do all the same diagnostic tests that you would have done when you were employed!

You seem to know what the possibilities are so you need to check them all one by one.

We dont know if the pump is jammed, eye blocked, impeller broken off etc. Only YOU can see if the shaft is turning and then take the head off and inspect it and do the finger test!

One wonders how you managed when you were employed!

Tony

Just joined the forum and was looking for some friendly banter but it seems the wrong place for that.

I had forgotten how self righteous some folk get when in front of a computer!

Stripped and repaired it this morning thanks.

I'm hoping a "normal" person will reply if i post another query sometime.

Just joined the forum and was looking for some friendly banter but it seems the wrong place for that.

I had forgotten how self righteous some folk get when in front of a computer!

Stripped and repaired it this morning thanks.

I'm hoping a "normal" person will reply if i post another query sometime.

Get in the GSR forum. We won't be so reluctant then. It's just every Tom and Harry come in here asking for DIY gas advice and we don't want to see them blow themselves up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to SIME Friendly Format 80E in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back