Discuss Sime Friendly Format 80e won't start up! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sovoth

Hi,

We have a Sime Friendly Format 80e combi boiler that has developed a fault that I hope to be able to resolve but (via a gas safe engineer) we have replaced the main pcb and air pressure part with no joy.

The problem occurs when the boiler the heating or hot water is turned on, the boiler makes the sound as if it is going to fire up but then clicks immediately and doesn't fire up, instead it goes into this loop of sounding like its going to work, clicking and stopping...sounding like its going to work, clicking then stopping etc etc. so the boiler doesn't ever get to the stage where it's lit, it clicks off before then, tries again etc.

The green light on the boiler stays on.

The clicking sounds like its coming from the blue Ignition Control box at the front and I understand this contains a PCB also. Could this be the problem?

Any help would be much appreciated as I pray the the thing can be repaired!

Thanks

Strange,from what you describe would have thought any gas registered person experienced on boilers would know what the problem was and it will required a registered person to repair this fault

imho

Any suggestions on what the problem could be and does it sound repairable?

Hi there, sounds like you answered your own question.I'd first check the thermistors for a reading with a multimeter,if open circuit,replace. The usual fault lies with the ignition pcb though located on the gas valve. Check that its correctly fitted and not loose as this can cause a cylcling problem,failing that just replace it. Hope this helps,Matt.

Hi,

In the end we put a new ignition pcb in and this seems to have solved the problem as the boiler now works again!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sime Friendly Format 80e won't start up! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Funny
    • Optimistic
Hi, I've got a ferroli 901 boiler, I initially thought the pcb was at fault so bought a new one and I'm having the same problem ( has been...
Replies
Views
I got a problem with my boiler,it's got some vibration when it starts to work,it doesn't fire up unless I duck tap and blank half of the air...
Replies
Views
Hi, Newbie here so feel free to teach me the etiquette of this place, and apologies for the lengthy opening post. The boiler started locking out...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock