Discuss should i have a room thermostat with my combi boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baileys

My plumbers say i dont need one as i have thermostatic valves on my radiators but the GSE says i do. Im in a two bedroom maisonette. [FONT=arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

Well if a GSR signed it off gas safe will inspect and send him a notice to correct the dangerous and defective works. At his expense!!
Hopefully make the GSE think twice about signing off substandard and illegal work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if a GSR signed it off gas safe will inspect and send him a notice to correct the dangerous and defective works. At his expense!!
Hopefully make the GSE think twice about signing off substandard and illegal work?
I read that you can ask for a gas inspection and if you are chosen then it could be six months before they come and check it. Ive turned my boiler off now.
Other than that i will have to make a complaint, that wont go down well with them all, i think i will be watching my back.

Have a read of
Thanks mike i will look at it when my son gets home, im having trouble opening the file.

Im getting a bit closer to getting things sorted. I rang a builder that i last saw about 25 years ago and told him my situation and he is putting me in touch with a GSE that he totally trusts to do his gas. His niece was killed by a faulty gas boiler, installed by an illegal fitter so he is very careful about who he has in and he was livid when i told him about mine situation.
Ive also decided to ring the GSE who connected me because its his name on the benchmark he needs to know what a mess the plumber has got him into.

I wouldn't bother ringing the GSE as he came and connected the gas supply and should have checked everything was correct when he was there! As for the plumbers family twisting on at you, tell them to off! It's you and your family with a badly fitted boiler which could possibly kill you. I couldn't imagine why you wouldn't fit a room stat? Hard wired £10 wireless £50 both take 10 mins to wire up!!

I wouldn't bother ringing the GSE as he came and connected the gas supply and should have checked everything was correct when he was there! As for the plumbers family twisting on at you, tell them to off! It's you and your family with a badly fitted boiler which could possibly kill you. I couldn't imagine why you wouldn't fit a room stat? Hard wired £10 wireless £50 both take 10 mins to wire up!!
The reason why im calling the GSE is because i want to put pressure on him to get some money out of the plumber to pay for me to get an independent GSE to check his work and correct what is necessary. Its his name on the benchmark.
I dont see any point in complaining to gas safe about them because its only my word against theirs that the plumber did the work and if i dont get some money back from the plumber then he will just get away scott free. All that will probably happen is that the GSE will be told to correct his work but i dont want him back in my house.
I have a guy coming tomorrow to do a check list of the faults and i can go from there. I trust him.

Boiler on ply is no problem at all, most manufactures say this is fine.

The scorch mark is obviously from the lack of a heat mat when soldering... .

Ar is 'at risk' abbreviation for a gas appliance
A little slow on responding, but thoughts are with the scorched Ply, that it went from AR to ID when the soldering was carried out and ended in a NCS. LOL

Yep and officials
Councils
police
social workers
doctors
old people
children
dogs
Oooops sorry People !
Oh and mucked about with food !
Eat meat not muck like burgers and sausages !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to should i have a room thermostat with my combi boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back