Discuss should i have a room thermostat with my combi boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baileys

My plumbers say i dont need one as i have thermostatic valves on my radiators but the GSE says i do. Im in a two bedroom maisonette. [FONT=arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

Just in case you need proof, taken from GSIUR regulations 1998

Regulation

work on a gas fitting to be carried out only by a competent person; and employers of gas fitting operatives, together with other specified persons (eg those in control of the work such as building contractors), to ensure that operatives have the required competence for the particular work being done. Employers of persons carrying out work on gas fittings/service pipework and self-employed persons doing this work are required to be a member of a class of persons approved by HSE; at the time of publication of this ACOP/guidance this means that they should be registered with the Gas Safe Register

Definitions of a gas fitting

gas fitting” means gas pipework, valves (other than emergency controls), regulators and meters, and fittings, apparatus and appliances designed for use by consumers of gas for heating, lighting, cooking or other purposes for which gas can be used

Just in case you need proof, taken from GSIUR regulations 1998

Regulation

work on a gas fitting to be carried out only by a competent person; and employers of gas fitting operatives, together with other specified persons (eg those in control of the work such as building contractors), to ensure that operatives have the required competence for the particular work being done. Employers of persons carrying out work on gas fittings/service pipework and self-employed persons doing this work are required to be a member of a class of persons approved by HSE; at the time of publication of this ACOP/guidance this means that they should be registered with the Gas Safe Register

Definitions of a gas fitting

gas fitting” means gas pipework, valves (other than emergency controls), regulators and meters, and fittings, apparatus and appliances designed for use by consumers of gas for heating, lighting, cooking or other purposes for which gas can be used
Thank-you for that.

Feel your anguish! Hope this gets sorted . The blokes a moron and a blagger. I would just ignore the paso he's conning out with.

i wouldnt worry about the flue as there is some movement in these baxi's without loosing the seal.

what baffles me is...if you are not allowed to install an appliance that deems it A.R

then why has the boiler been mounted on a combustible surface, and one could say (tongue in cheek) with signs of scourching?????????????

15682d1383849412-should-i-have-room-thermostat-my-20131107_181030.jpg

Feel your anguish! Hope this gets sorted . The blokes a moron and a blagger. I would just ignore the paso he's conning out with.
I try to ignore him and his family but its not my personality to be able do that. I get so wound up by it. How do people not understand how dangerous it is to be doing gas work when you are not trained. I have to think of my neighbours as well, if my gas isnt save then they are not safe either and i need to make sure that they are.

i wouldnt worry about the flue as there is some movement in these baxi's without loosing the seal.

what baffles me is...if you are not allowed to install an appliance that deems it A.R

then why has the boiler been mounted on a combustible surface, and one could say (tongue in cheek) with signs of scourching?????????????

15682d1383849412-should-i-have-room-thermostat-my-20131107_181030.jpg
Im not really understanding all you are saying, i dont know what an ar is.
What could the scorch marks be, it smells like burning but where would it be coming from.
The reason it was suspended from the wall was because the gas pipe runs down the center of the back wall

Boiler on ply is no problem at all, most manufactures say this is fine.

The scorch mark is obviously from the lack of a heat mat when soldering... .

Ar is 'at risk' abbreviation for a gas appliance

Boiler on ply is no problem at all, most manufactures say this is fine.

The scorch mark is obviously from the lack of a heat mat when soldering... .

Ar is 'at risk' abbreviation for a gas appliance

Thanks for that, he didnt use a heat mat thats probably why its scorched.

Yea, if he's of a bit of a know it all like your saying, I'd be letting gas safe know of this activitys, bring him down a few pegs and show his family that he is infact wrong.

Some people do it knowing they're in the wrong just to make a cheeky buck but he just sounds plan arrogant.

He will probably only get a slap on the wrist. All of us here pay our registration and retrain every 4 years so I'm not sure why he thinks he's any better and can be excluded from that.

Yea, if he's of a bit of a know it all like your saying, I'd be letting gas safe know of this activitys, bring him down a few pegs and show his family that he is infact wrong.

Some people do it knowing they're in the wrong just to make a cheeky buck but he just sounds plan arrogant.

He will probably only get a slap on the wrist. All of us here pay our registration and retrain every 4 years so I'm not sure why he thinks he's any better and can be excluded from that.
Its my word against his though because he got the work signed off by a GSE and you are right they wouldnt do much anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to should i have a room thermostat with my combi boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock