Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss servicing gas types in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

just booked a service in a few weeks time and realised its a park home more than likely on lpg (tbc).

prob is i aint got lpg but daft as it seems, to service the boiler ie; fga it and empty out the condense trap is all it may need as the boiler is about 2 years old.

wot you think?:blush5:

any one do lpg near grantham?

may need to check working pressures, bit higher than normal and sorry isnt that the bum hole of England surely no one lives there.

Errrrr what are you on? We have a go at non qualified and you are contemplating joining ranks for £60? Really

double check gas type as I did this and turned out to be natural gas not LPG

Errrrr what are you on? We have a go at non qualified and you are contemplating joining ranks for £60? Really

yea but...
its an open end question really..is it ng or lpg?
do you have to test the gas on a lpg service if the fga reads ok and if not are you working on the appliance or the fuel type?

tbh its well out of my catchment zone but wifey booked it in!!!!!!

yea but...
its an open end question really..is it ng or lpg?
do you have to test the gas on a lpg service if the fga reads ok and if not are you working on the appliance or the fuel type?

tbh its well out of my catchment zone but wifey booked it in!!!!!!

I'm same I didn't renew my lpg for financial reasons I don't get asked to do much lpg work so it isn't viable,
Best leaving it to the Lpg squad,

I'm same I didn't renew my lpg for financial reasons I don't get asked to do much lpg work so it isn't viable,
Best leaving it to the Lpg squad,

i could always give him a call and see if its ng or lpg, but that would be too easy.lol

still think its a good question though as the boiler ideal logic + combi, is still the same boiler less the jet!!
based on current b.g services- stick an fg in and if it reads in range bugger off!!lol
cpa 1, are you not qualified?

and as part of the service you check auto change overs, check for leaks, change pig tails if they are old etc etc, well I do.

ok, good point.

is that mandatory then?

i just checked my cpa1 and it covers lpg too!. satall about?

still awaiting some one in grantham to ask for the job!!!!!lol

I think some of it theres a crossover. Theres no point in having a CPA1 for LPG and NG when its all just the same. Once you can interpret readings and know what they mean then it dont matter what fuel is being burnt

On a service, it would be classed as working on an appliance so you would need to know it was safe and sound to all the relevant regs.

Some light commercial boilers are under 70kw, in principle the same as a domestic, but as they need to be installed and maintained with respect to the commercial regs, domestic tickets cant work on them

Last edited:
i find it weird though!

ideal isar, clean out sump and bottle, do an fga. visual inspection if readings are good-job done?
if you dont need to touch the gas valve or supply and nothing says you need to on a service, then theres no diference.
so where do you become in competant working on the same appliance?.

sounds more like a grey are to me!.

anyone near grantham lincs?
more belvior castle really!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to servicing gas types in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock