Discuss Sensible labour charges working away from home in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

brum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi guys have just returned back home after two nights working away from home was working in Glasgow.
Travelled Monday afternoon worked Tuesday and Wednesday travelled back to Arran Wednesday afternoon.
Digs and food paid for.What would be a reasonable rate to charge my hourly rate on Arran is £25 per hour,But think could maybe get more.What do you think

it would leave me in very reasonable profit to have you come here for a week at a time and leave me sunbathing all week, does that help?

I'm charged out at £35 an hour if local and £45 if away, digs and + scran not in the hourly rate. Thats cheap for a travel job..

Surely the rate would have been agreed before the work started?

Surely the rate would have been agreed before the work started?

Customer owns a hotel on Arran I do work for them at £25 per hour was working on their own home
When working more than 4 hrs on any job I have prev dropped rate to £22.50 (10% discount)
Therefore £180 per day. I now know that this practice is not good all plumbers here charge £25 per hour I do not need to price drop due to the fact I am more reliable than them.Im still building up my business so trying to please all.

Then you should charge the same as that will be expected, but I would charge the hours spent travelling as well. As that is time lost where you could be working elsewhere,

I would want minimum of 50 an hour, plus travelling, plus digs, plus food and drinks. That would make me happy, therefore my work would be good. Not happy equals pee poor work, because you get annoyed with yourself.

Yep happy money for me too if you want me to miss out on time with the wife and kids it's £500 a day plus expenses . I will work 11 hours a day.

I wouldn't do it for any cash! Spent too long away from family in the forces to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sensible labour charges working away from home in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back