Discuss Sabre/Vokera 24-28 HE combi. Only gets to ignition when inner case opened. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

casaco

This boiler is driving me nuts, I have spent hours trying to sort it, cost me a fortune on the phone to vokera tech who to be honest seem to be quite hostile at times, (anyone else feel that way?)
The problem is everything works fine, pump runs, fan runs, APS works but no spark, open the combustion front, hey presto spark ignition, close combustion front no spark, fan and pump still running.
I have removed the fan and cleaned venturis, changed the APS, still the same, no blockage in the flue, fan running full strength. The tenant is behind with the rent so the landlord isn't interested, would like to get the heating back on for Christmas, she has a couple of young kids and hasn't had any heating or hot water for 6 months.
Has anyone any idea, am I missing the obvious?

Thanks to everyone who replied, I will go back this week and remove the flue restrictor and check heat exchanger is clear, the boiler has been running for a couple of years without any problem, but just won't fire up now. Got to be something simple. This is the first boiler I haven't been able to fix.

Hi casaco, when I had the problem on vokera. British gas had been out twice to it, they must have checked all the things others have suggested which left me with one possible solution, which as I mentioned was to clean it. Hope it goes ok for you

To see if your fan is fast enough / producing enough pressure through the venturi, attach a gauge to the fan an see what pressure is produced.

Also don't rely on your ear for the click, but check with a multimeter to confirm power.

If the fan blades are dirty I don't like washing them, use one of the air dusters outside lol!

Nice one adam , ive had that b4 thinking you coiuld here the aps making loud n clear so lookin for fault elsewhere but when i checked voltage it was no where near enough goin back to board,

I had a Ferroli doing the same. I had to fit new venturis in the end, cleaning them didn't solve it. I put a new fan on too because I broke the neutral connection off, but the old one really needed cleaning, so check that too. The blades were caked in dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sabre/Vokera 24-28 HE combi. Only gets to ignition when inner case opened. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock