Search the forum,

Discuss Main Combi 24 HE Flame Failure in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Sandeep89

Gas Engineer
Hi Guys,

Got a Main Combi 24 HE which is stuck on flame failure. Customer had a gas leak on the gas run which was repaired, after this the customer turned the boiler on from the spur and the boiler is was stuck on flame failure which flashes slowly.

When hot water demand is given the pin hits the microswitch but boiler does not go through sequence. When heating demand is given the pin does not push out to hit microswitch, however I made manual contact to the heating switch and the boiler sparks but does not ignite and locks out.

I have checked pump by removing the bleed scre and pump is spinning, checked gas valve and getting 23mbar on p1.

Can anyone give me further guidance as customer is saying it only started with flame failure after gas leak was fixed. All gas isolation valves are open.

Thanks

Does the inlet pressure drop when it attempts to ignite? GV getting correct voltage? Have you checked resistance of GV? Smart meter? Credit meter? Any other gas appliances? - if yes, have you checked these?

Does the inlet pressure drop when it attempts to ignite? GV getting correct voltage? Have you checked resistance of GV? Smart meter? Credit meter? Any other gas appliances? - if yes, have you checked these?
Hi

So inlet pressure does not drop when attempting to ignite.

They have another boiler inside the house along with a gas hob which are both working fine.

Does anything happen sounds like pcb if it’s stuck

Does anything happen sounds like pcb if it’s stuck
I can't hear the gas valve clunk or any sounds of it opening.

All customer has said they had a gas leak which was repaired as soon as the leak was fixed and boiler was turned on flame failure started flashing straight away.

Prior to the gas leak being fixed boiler was working fine. I had a look at the MI and it states the flame failure flashing slow is pump issue or internal fault.

I removed the bleed screw on pump and the pump is spinning.

Fan spinning ?

Fan spinning ?
Fan only spins when I make manual contact to the heating/pump proving microswitch, when contact to this is made the boiler reaches spark stage.

When hot water tap is opened pin pushes out to make contact to the microswitch at the front but fan does not kick in.

When heating is turned on the heating pin at top does not push out at all.

Pump or heating diaphragm need looking at as when the pump is running the heating pin should make contact with the micro switch

Would a diverter not making cause lockout though? 🤔

Not sensing pump is spinning it’s a pump proving like the vaillants using the pressure sensor to check there’s an increase when the pump is on

Not sensing pump is spinning it’s a pump proving like the vaillants using the pressure sensor to check there’s an increase when the pump is on
Hi,

Come back here this morning turned heating on and pin still did not come out to make connection to pump proving switch. I made manual contact to switch and the burner ignited. Boiler ran for around 2-3 mins and then burner cut out and flame failure started flashing again.

Does it seem to be an issue with the pump. I am getting 230v at pump.

Hi Guys,

So replaced pump and both dhw and pump proving heating diagphrams.

The back pump proving pin still won't come out to make contact with the switch.

However if I make manual contact to switch burner fires up both on ch and hw.

Could it be a faulty diverter valve.

Also check the little 4-6mm pigs tail tube

Reply to Main Combi 24 HE Flame Failure in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock