Search the forum,

Discuss Routing new 28mm gas pipe in channel in concrete floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rover825

Hi. Need to run a new section of 28mm gas pipe (no joints as less than 3m) across the concrete kitchen floor. Thinking of using 2"x2" galvanised electrical trunking set in a 3" deep channel, the pipe then packed in sand and the lid put on then channel concreted in. Would this be acceptable? Not intending to make any connections myself, just want to get the donkey work done. Thanks

You need to discuss this with your registered gas installer. The pipe will need to be tested before any protective coatings are applied. No reason you can't cut the channel though.

you can get speedfit in 28MM ;)

honestly id run it in steel, wrapped for protection, hire a hydrolic bender to avoid any joints. no channel needed.

Trac pipe, pined to concrete over site, then screed over. No pipes actually in the concrete itself.

The best bet is to check with the GSR person who will installing & connecting to the pipework before you go doing anything!!!!!!

Sound like a reasonable way of doing it to me, best to check with the installer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Routing new 28mm gas pipe in channel in concrete floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock