Discuss Rogue customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strictly speaking, you are supposed to give the person proper opportunity to pay up, or at the very least, respond to you. Get a proper bill sent out to them & if they don't reply, send a statement (recorded delivery if you like). That way you have copies of your attempts to get your money for to hand to the court later. It is expected of you to have done everything you can first to keep it out of courts until as a last resort. No need at this stage to use a solicitor - just keep your bills & any letters friendly, professional & to the point. Two weeks is not long. The customer has probably spent your money on Christmas.

Took me about 10 months to get some of the money. Make sure you record delivery ALL communication.

Knee cap the feckers :)

Welcome to the real world.

What do you have in your terms and conditions for late payment?

Seriously though, doesnt matter if its a penny. You want to be known as the hard arsed fecker that will chase the last penny. Last thing you want is to be known as a soft touch.

Chase them till it hurts.

I don't have terms and conditions, is it a good idea to write terms on the quote / invoice?

Be ruthless dosent matter if its a pound or a thousand
same with pricing if you let it happen once it'll happen again

Google "late payment law" it's excellent mate, unfortunately had to use it a few times but never fails.

I might be some kind of trailblazing rebel here but when someone owes me money, I go and knock on the door. This has yielded a 100% success rate.

I set the wife on them. Phone calls then personal visits. She is better with the mouth than me and less threatening.
If that doesn't work they are paying one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rogue customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock