Discuss Rofrost turbo reducer / insert external dimensions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I make my own. The outside diameter is 42mm, the internal is the pipe diameter (15mm, 22mm, 28mm etc). There are basically two ways of doing it:

a. Turn down outside diameter to 42mm, drill / bore internal diameter to required size (ream if possible). Cut in "half" lengthways to leave one 21mm high with the flat face downwards. Other part is waste.

b. Drill / bore centre to 10mm. Use a slitting saw in a mill and cut exactly in half lengthways. Super glue both halves together. With a four jaw chuck, drill / bore ream inside diameter, turn outside diameter. Split halves, minimum waste.

Not as simple as it sounds, but the costs of aluminium bar to make a full set by method B is less than the purchase cost of a single pair.

Or even better posts me one to copy.
I will pay all postage charges.
And in return - if you are missing a size - i will get one machined for you too.

I'm happy to post you one of each size (if you need them all?)

I'm missing 1 x 15mm one. I'll happily pay postage up to you, you pay postage back to me. Sound fair?

Hallooo.
No i dont need them all.
One half of one size would do and I will mike it and from there can make any size.

cce7a3a906e8bf52b32d12f443a45649.jpg

Job done
Made 10 12 15 22 28 35mm

Last edited by a moderator:
look good only prob there too shiny get to work :D

Blimey, nice work.

You should make them & eBay them. As Shaun said ÂŁ56.

How much to make with time & materials?

You could have a nice little earner maybe.

[emoji106]

I have Herbert 8 but it's Easy when you have the tools

Well over the moon with it. Works like a treat..
Installed a boiler today and used it spot on.

:) good to hear how long did you leave it to freeze?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rofrost turbo reducer / insert external dimensions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I bought a Rothenberger electronic pipe freezer. Used it without problems 25 or so times. Then on a job it wouldn't freeze. Took home, tested, not...
Replies
Views
Rainbow74
R

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock