Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing very old mixer tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Can an old mixer tap leak uncontrollably?

The mixer tap in my kitchen is very old,maybe nearly 20 years. For the last year or so it has been leaking and getting worse. Get it replaced you say. Not as simple as that. The pipes into the house are very old lead pipes and years ago did leak where they come into the house, fortunately above ground. If the plumber wasnt able to fix, he said the whole pipe from the mains would have to be dug up, a massive undertaking. And to add to matters, the property is sold subject to contract. The mains outside doesn't turn off completely but again I'm loathe to contact the supplier as again I'm concerned it could cause bigger problems. Any advice???

Employ a plumber he will freeze the pipework leading to the mixer tap fit isolation valves to the pipework to gain control, it can then be changed for another mixer tap it's not unusual for us. Kop

Reply to Replacing very old mixer tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock