Discuss Replacement boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Howardkf

The existing boiler is an Ideal Excel 40,000 btu (approx 30 years old?)
The controls and layout are for Y plan.
I need advice on what make of boiler to fit, I don’t want to change the plumbing and go the combi route. I need a simple reliable condensing boiler.
The boiler is mounted internal Pantry/larder wall in the kitchen, I am going to remove this wall and mount the boiler on the back wall of the house, positioning of the flue could prove difficult because of a soil pipe, window and the gutter downpipe. I understand that some makes of boiler require less clearance than others.
I am planning to do this work myself and get someone in to remake the gas connection and commission. Just need to decide what make of boiler?
Thanks for your help

Howard

The gas safe engineer you get to the other bits, if you can find one, will give you some advice and recommendations on siting, flue regs etc..

The gas safe engineer you get to the other bits, if you can find one, will give you some advice and recommendations on siting, flue regs etc..

I reckon GSR's will be queuing up to quote for this job lol.

I'll fight all of you to sign off someone else's work ....... Hum.

Ahhh I'm a lover not a fighter.... You can have the job.

The existing boiler is an Ideal Excel 40,000 btu (approx 30 years old?)
The controls and layout are for Y plan.
I need advice on what make of boiler to fit, I don’t want to change the plumbing and go the combi route. I need a simple reliable condensing boiler.
The boiler is mounted internal Pantry/larder wall in the kitchen, I am going to remove this wall and mount the boiler on the back wall of the house, positioning of the flue could prove difficult because of a soil pipe, window and the gutter downpipe. I understand that some makes of boiler require less clearance than others.
I am planning to do this work myself and get someone in to remake the gas connection and commission. Just need to decide what make of boiler?
Thanks for your help

Howard

I think you have some real cheek. It might surprise you to learn that professional plumbers didn't train for 4+ years and spend a fortune on qualifications and registrations to give you free advice then "remake your gas connection". If you rang me I'd tell you where to stick it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Went to a house like this the other day, chap had a leak on boiler, when i got there found boiler had been in about 12 mths, boiler had 5 year warranty ! then find out not reg with manu, no bench mark fill'd in, no cert from GS (DIY JOB) spoke to boiler manu who proceeded to remove the rest of outstsnding warranty, so thinking he was saveing money doing DIY job, he's now got to pay for all repaireson boiler ! Wounder if house insurance will pay out if anything happens ?

Is this your own home i presume??

i would make gas connection and commision for about £500 :))))

Anyone who even thinks about doing this kind of stuff is a mug. Especially after what's just happened to that guy in the news.

P.S. to the OP, I recommend fitting a ferroli or a ravenheat boiler :D

That fellow who's been jailed for a dodgy boiler install. Killed a girl in the shower.

For all we know he could have been signing off a DIY install and ended up taking the blame!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock