Search the forum,

Discuss Removing a Franke Belfast monobloc tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I'm trying to remove the kitchen tap, it was installed around 2009. I can't seem to unscrew the connector, I've tried a variety of tools from a basin wrench to plumbers grips, access is tight but I can't move it. Can anyone give me any advice? I have called my plumber but he hasn't responded and its been a few days now and my wife wants it done.
IMG_20220616_145632.jpg

Try app some crack it spray, or other form of lubricant and leave it to sit for approx 30 minutes. You could always try to obtain a big box spanner, but if you can get the grips/wide adjustable in, then persevere with it.

Hi all, I tried all sorts of things, from Freeze spray to penetrating oil but couldn't shift the nut. Eventually I applied enough force to remove the entire brass connector from the base of the tap. I then used a dremel to cut the connector. Really annoying and time consuming. I did try to speak to Franke but they were useless.

Reply to Removing a Franke Belfast monobloc tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock