Search the forum,

Discuss Removing a Franke Belfast monobloc tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I'm trying to remove the kitchen tap, it was installed around 2009. I can't seem to unscrew the connector, I've tried a variety of tools from a basin wrench to plumbers grips, access is tight but I can't move it. Can anyone give me any advice? I have called my plumber but he hasn't responded and its been a few days now and my wife wants it done.
IMG_20220616_145632.jpg

Try app some crack it spray, or other form of lubricant and leave it to sit for approx 30 minutes. You could always try to obtain a big box spanner, but if you can get the grips/wide adjustable in, then persevere with it.

Hi all, I tried all sorts of things, from Freeze spray to penetrating oil but couldn't shift the nut. Eventually I applied enough force to remove the entire brass connector from the base of the tap. I then used a dremel to cut the connector. Really annoying and time consuming. I did try to speak to Franke but they were useless.

Reply to Removing a Franke Belfast monobloc tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
Hi, I can’t get one cartridge to budge when trying to replace in a mixer tap. The hot side cartridge was tight but removed with wrench comfortably, but cold side is so tight Ive burred the nut on the cartridge. Any advice on how else to remove the cartridge without damaging the mixer tap is...
Replies
Views
I have just had a Franke Athena kitchen mixer tap fitted. After turning it off there is a small drop on the spout. If I remove this then another one will form at some point later (and times between drops appear to get longer) This morning there was no drop there so I thought it must just be...
Replies
Views
The unit underneath has no access to the tap and from measuring, the unit does not even go as back as where the tap is. The pipework is a mess. I think the only solution is to remove the sink as I don't think my tapex kit will get to the tap bolts from cutting from the bottom with my multitool...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I've just purchased a portable washing machine and want to connect it to my kitchen tap. I know I'm going to need an adapter to connect it, but am struggling to work out if the aerator in the tap is removable. I can see 'Airforce' written on the side of the aerator and the aerator has...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock