Discuss recommended sanitary ware in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Standivan

Hi there,

can anyone recommend a good quality sanitary ware make?

I am looking for an affordable to mid range cost, but dont want to buy something that will fall to bits in a years time. I was looking at Cooke and lewis from B&Q which seem good valve for money, but I wonder if they will last?

I'm not a plumber, but want to refurb my bathroom at home.

Thanks

have a look at bathrooms.com one of the sponsors of this forum their stuff seems to be quite good

Ideal Standard is good value - not the cheapest, fairly good quality porcelain and finish and available in many outlets.

Thanks guys,

I will check out all of the above suggestions, theres so much on the market, it's difficult to know what to go with!

I am guessing they will all be the same colour white....?

no there are many shades of white. a basin from one supplier will probably be different to a toilet from another

Cooke and Lewis are a B & Q own brand I believe, just a bit better then their B & Q branded stuff. Fitted a Cooke & Lewis suite recently for a customer (they bought it) and while the quality was not as bad as some really low cost items, it was not great. for instance the glaze was so thin in places (especially on the toilet cistern corners/edges) that the creamy coloured clay was showing through it and made it look dirty.

Most recent job was Ideal Standard, all seems very good quality, cant fault it, and fixings and fitting parts supplied with it was also of good quality and well thought out, so saving time and frustration in fitting.

Often the lowest cost items are the most difficult to fit and end up costing the customer more with the longer instalation times.

I don't like TC bathrooms loos as they don't flush well and are bad for getting skid marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to recommended sanitary ware in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock