Currently reading:
Radiator and central heating pump

Discuss Radiator and central heating pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nrico2006

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew how I could easily solve the problem I have with a radiator in my upstairs ensuite. Hasn't worked properly in a while, its a small radiator and gets a little warm at the very bottom. I bled the radiator the other day and it went piping hot but as each day has passed it is returning to what it was previously. The inlet and outlet both are warm when the heating is on. Would it be worthwhile bleeding the central heating pump? To do this, should the burner and heating be turned off?

Won't make a difference. You're either pulling in air or your system is dirty. You need a professional in to look at it I'm afraid buddy.

more info on system would help , is it gravity (unlikely as not so many about) fully pumped , sealed , have you had any works done on the system a while ago etc etc

Agree with what you chaps are saying. If its an open system then it is normal to have one rad which collects most of the gases from the system water. The water quality and how clean the system is can have an impact on how much air is being produced and collected. So get someone in to check it over, might need a cleansing power flush and inhibitor.

Thanks for responses. Been in house 2 years. Radiator in upstairs ensuite is tiniest bit lukewarm at the bottom, but cold all over the rest of it. There is another rad in the same bedroom that is further away from the system, and this radiator and the others in house are always piping. I bled the ensuite rad the other day and once heating was on it was piping. But after a day or 2 it reverted back to normal. As it's the ensuite and the rest are good we have never been too fussed in sorting it earlier

1. take photo of f and e tank in attic and post on here?
2. bleed rad again see if it makes any difference
3. when bleeding rad have a look at f and e and see if it fills up with water/ water goes down!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator and central heating pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back