Super Moderator
Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Solutions
Anyone use these

ive used the silver with red handles before and they seemed ok but a tad on the expensive side around £22

they look An ok brand as I’ve seen the logo before maybe flowflex etc

they look An ok brand as I’ve seen the logo before maybe flowflex etc

Look like flowflex to me....

1593802086043.png

@ShaunCorbs a bit off topic but are you a member of several heating groups on Facebook? Noticed a comment from a name similar to yours earlier on a UFH group

;) yep thats me :D they dont know oil

No i figured that 😂. You're friends with AM, he's very knowledgeable isn't he

tbh hes a know all and wants to video call to tell you his ideas/ way they were recommending putting the ufh on an oil boiler on the return and wanted it below 40dc

As you know I'm not gas qualified, so its interesting to read/learn about problems in that field that, although not always relevant to the oil im used to

what did you think of the oil install?

here it is, yea im on a few of them i get added randomly :D far right is return

Attachments

• 106612288_10158900420438487_3003283343602563399_o.jpg
    106612288_10158900420438487_3003283343602563399_o.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 19
Thats an AM special with a zone valve on a fixed rate bypass link and CCT's. I remember it now. His idea is to use cooler return water feeding the UFH circuit

Thats an AM special with a zone valve on a fixed rate bypass link and CCT's. I remember it now. His idea is to use cooler return water feeding the UFH circuit

problem is when the heating is on the returns going to be lower than 40 dc which will rot the boiler because of condensing :D
[automerge]1593815369[/automerge]
Bomb proof the old heatslaves.

The pump valves, used the red handled ones from William's before, perfect pump valves, think I got a set to try and review, good but couldn't justify the cost.

yea them the ones i use normally or the standard pump valves

On a standard efficiency boiler yes, which that worcester is, you will need some sort of back end protection

or to install it like standard i can understand when the whole house is new and built to spec and super tight then his ideas are great but half the time there over complicating things

I was just going to say it's not a great idea on a non condensing boiler.

Its hard to paint the picture for you mate because you haven't seen what Shaun and I have.
The guy who adjusted that system didn't take into consideration a few things and as a result further reduced the return temperature on a standard efficiency boiler. The guy we're talking about has some good ideas but they're not always applicable

Its hard to paint the picture for you mate because you haven't seen what Shaun and I have.
The guy who adjusted that system didn't take into consideration a few things and as a result further reduced the return temperature on a standard efficiency boiler. The guy we're talking about has some good ideas but they're not always applicable

It's just a shame that it will probably wreck the heatslave. Absolutely love those boilers. Have a few that I keep advising the customers to keep them until it spews its guts over the floor.
One especially, well over 20 years old, it looks like new.

It's just a shame that it will probably wreck the heatslave. Absolutely love those boilers. Have a few that I keep advising the customers to keep them until it spews its guts over the floor.
One especially, well over 20 years old, it looks like new.

In this situation that lay out will only promote condensation and erosion. What's needed there now would be a mixing valve. The guy we're talking about is knowledgeable but not always right

Reply to .... Pump valves ???? .... in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock