Discuss Pulling my hair out trying to use the white key on my Greenstar 24i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

streetspirit

My water pressure is at zero so I know that I need to increase the water pressure. I seem to remember that because I have a new model, the 24i Junior, that the white key, currently stored under the boiler locked into a hole, needs pulling out and inserting into the square white hole next to it.

Well the white key won't come out. I've tried turning it, pulling it, pushing it and pulling it etc etc and it's locked in place. Well actually it finally did come out but it pulled out something that looked like it wasn't supposed to come out and a trickle of water came out. I've place the key back where it's supposed to be and the hot water seems to be working.

Who designs such non-customer friendly ways of doing things? i've shredded my hand open in the process doing something that is supposed to be easy right?

Some advice please

Thank you

If you have got it out and your preesure is ok then all is fine. There is always a little bit of water released when the filling key is removed.
Its the new plastic department that start at worcester about ten years ago that designed it, there next boiler will be all plastic and only weigh 1 lb but cost several thousand more

Nope the pressure is the same as what I pulled out wouldn't fit in the square hole.

Sounds like the bypass key is already in place.
All you need to do now is turn the little square knob(white) at the side of the key till the water starts to flow and pressure rises to 1.5bar(ish).

Sounds like it was in the right place to start with. The square white nob needs to be turned anti clockwise, by hand, with the white key locked in place to top up the pressure. Its not a bad design, its your understanding of it causing the issues.

My water pressure is at zero so I know that I need to increase the water pressure. I seem to remember that because I have a new model, the 24i Junior, that the white key, currently stored under the boiler locked into a hole, needs pulling out and inserting into the square white hole next to it.

Well the white key won't come out. I've tried turning it, pulling it, pushing it and pulling it etc etc and it's locked in place. Well actually it finally did come out but it pulled out something that looked like it wasn't supposed to come out and a trickle of water came out. I've place the key back where it's supposed to be and the hot water seems to be working.

Who designs such non-customer friendly ways of doing things? i've shredded my hand open in the process doing something that is supposed to be easy right?

Some advice please

Thank you

What amazes me is people can find a forum like this, but not a manufacturers website which is very clear.

:wheelchair:

It's simple when you know how. The key makes the gap between the cold inlet and the heating return. That's why it has to o-rings on it.

They do become stuck if they get left in the valve, I think the o-rings must swell.

worcesters are poo but everyone knows i hate them anyway so stating the obvious

Some advice please

Thank you

I think you are saying it's already in the hole. If it is (already plugged in, then it's in the right place, leave it. Normally it is clipped flat in the plastic tray below. If you check it out (u may need a torch!!) you'll see the ket has has an arrow shape on it, on the black housing there is a lock either open or closed. Turn to your required place

I would agree in saying they are poo. They do release water when you pull them out, as others have said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pulling my hair out trying to use the white key on my Greenstar 24i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock