Discuss Proximity of flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or try this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 46
Just read through your MSG. I'm afraid that providing you have 600mm's from the tip of the flue to the centre of your shared path/boundary it is all above board and legal. It is 2.1m's from floor level so it is away from potential hazards from burns etc. you could request your neighbour to fit a plume kit to take it away from your eye line & also direct it along their property. With regard to windows / extractors it's 300mm's for fanned appliance. I hope that helps

I've had no experience of anything to do with planning or building until this. This has been so unnecessary & if the flue had been sited more discreetly we wouldn't have any of this. It is the focal point of a bare brick wall that pretty much faces my front (and only) door. The owners were going to grow plants up the wall, which would improve the whole appearance, but now they're not, saying local animals crapping on the bit of ground (which I clear up). A builder friend said plants will cost to maintained so they won't - although climbing plants were on the plans (even I know that cant be enforced!)

time to leave the forum its not the flue you hate just the extn!!

Focal point of the wall? What are you looking at the wall for anyway!

When it's a shared path with equal access/rights the boundary is taken as the centre of path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Proximity of flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current...
Replies
Views
My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views
P
Im aware of the regulations that say you can not position a flue on a boundary wall if this blows into your neighbours garden, but does this still...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock