Discuss Proximity of flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
it isnt a gas safe issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

That's what I don't understand, how can they sign it off if does not comply? Do they have to follow the regs? Also who signs off, is it build control and gas safe?

gas safe told me it didn't meet requirements but build control guy said he signed it off. (He also said they had not been very considerate with how it had been installed). They seem to be contradicting each other.

I did take it up with building control, guy said it depends where you take the boundary from. That sounds nuts to me. I don't appreciate being fobbed off.

it's not ruining my life, but if I can get something done about it I will, & best do it soon as.

To be honest I actually applaud building control for once for using discretion. If your using nuisance and a boundary together then it seems reasonable to use the boundary from the property of the complainant? Your boundary seems to be far beyond 600mm?

If everyone had a similar outlook to you then we'd never progress with anything. Nothing would get built unless it was a million miles away from anyone else. Give it a few weeks and if you have anything better to think about then you'll have forgotten about it and be more interested in ranting over the neighbour across the roads Christmas lights reflecting off your t.v screen when the X factor finals are on.

Last edited:
I'm sure they won't either, but definitely nothing will happen if I don't try.

So the path is 1.3m wide and the boundary is surely after that if the home owner has shared access to it.

MI state "care should be taken to ensure terminal siting does not cause a nuisance to adjacent properties" and for me he's done that as he's well within the boundary and the height off the ground.

Theres nothing wrong with the installation you should offer to pay half for a plume kit if its that serious an issue for you and do t waste your money ringing gas safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Proximity of flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current...
Replies
Views
My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views
P
Im aware of the regulations that say you can not position a flue on a boundary wall if this blows into your neighbours garden, but does this still...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock