Discuss powerflushing hot water heat exchangers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neily01

hi everyone just wondering if you guys have had any luck with powerflushing hot water heat exchangers ? we have the kamco pf with magnet,heater element and pump head adaptor. normally get called to jobs when its just to late to try cleaning them { barely any flow } so replacement required. like to use the pump head adaptor as i can get to the hw heat exchanger, but dont know weather its worth us buying the secondary adaptor blocks. a bit unsure as to how it can suit all of the different connections/centres ? replacements seems to be the best way and no call backs !!

Personally neily01 what would it save? p-hex is about £100 ... chemicals and labour to faff on, about the same if not more less guaranteed success by just swapping! Unless they're on some kind of contract and your paying peanuts in labour I'd just swap it! Obviously if the p-hex is double expensive then consider cleaning! IMHO

When I was at B-Gas we use to clean them on a machine but at that time I was paid £15/hr :)

Agreed not worth it, especially if you end up having to replace it anyway then works out doubly costly.

kinda what i was thinking. have cleaned them under the tap before when on a job and happen to notice early signs say on a service when trying to running boiler flat out. quite satisfying but not really practical i think on a break down. thanks for the thoughts

kinda what i was thinking. have cleaned them under the tap before when on a job and happen to notice early signs say on a service when trying to running boiler flat out. quite satisfying but not really practical i think on a break down. thanks for the thoughts

You're welcome :) Alas the market is towards replacement rather than repair in this case IMHO :)

We used to powerflush hot water units - Turn off mains water into house, connect hot and cold washing machine hoses to
an old pump and header tank filled with boiling water from kettle add chemicals. pump on - Happy days

centralheatking

BG dont powerflush DHW HEX's any more they use a jewellery vibration cleaner along with some DS40, only takes 15 mins for even the most fouled bad boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to powerflushing hot water heat exchangers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a thermal store heated by a boiler with its own thermostat. I also have a stove with a back boiler. The stove heats water in a separate...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Have a peculiar problem with my Gloworm Flexicom 30cx combi boiler, the main heat exchanger is getting red hot and fault coding on...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock