Discuss Potterton Suprima in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have a suprima which is causing me a bit of trouble. It was randomly locking out before and sometimes both LED's were going off on the original PCB. Whenever I went to look at it, it worked fine but my customer was just reporting when it failed etc. I replaced the PCB with the new upgrade kit with wiring loom etc. Now a week later I have just been told its stopped working again. I haven't seen it yet, but apparently the red light is flashing fast and then going solid red. Any suggestions on what to check first?

I have a suprima which is causing me a bit of trouble. It was randomly locking out before and sometimes both LED's were going off on the original PCB. Whenever I went to look at it, it worked fine but my customer was just reporting when it failed etc. I replaced the PCB with the new upgrade kit with wiring loom etc. Now a week later I have just been told its stopped working again. I haven't seen it yet, but apparently the red light is flashing fast and then going solid red. Any suggestions on what to check first?

From memory the ign lead gave lock out problems on these and thermistors and aps. Check inner flue is not corroded they are aluminium. If all fails potterton do fix repair with warranty

+1 on Buckley plumb , ignition lead and thermistor give trouble , thermistor should read 1.5 meg ohms cold .

It would of had a new ignition lead with the new pcb and wiring upgrade kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Suprima in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello - I have a weird issue with a potterton suprima 60 with the old type of PCB with the round reset button (not Siemens). I just replaced the...
Replies
Views
HI everyone. I have an old Potterton Suprima HE 60. Was going to replace when we get our extension next year but of course it's started to play...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Potterton gold Heat only driving me mad, would appreciate if anyone has any ideas on this one as boiler cutting out after 10-15secs...
Replies
Views
Burger
B
Yes, I know, get a new one . Fires up (only using HW at mo), runs, burner on say 10-15mins then cuts out (flashing red), hold red, yellow flash...
Replies
Views
D
HELP!,,,, E125 error code Been trying to get to the bottom of problem with potterton titanium 40. keep getting e125 which is circulation fault (...
Replies
Views
Back